The Eight Extraordinary Vessels
in Five Element Acupressure
This new 2 day seminar is an advanced course with the prerequisite of at least Level 2 or equivalent. The course extends the teaching of the Eight Extraordinary Vessels from Level 2 and introduces assessment of the Vessels through the pulse. It draws on the classics, including the writings of Li Shi-Zhen, as well as the modern scholarship of Stephen Birch, Kiiko Matsumoto, Leon Hammer, Jeffrey Yuen, William Morris, Thomas Richardson, David Twicken and Yvonne Farrell.
These Vessels are considered to be the first energetic structures to form in utero and are thus deeply entwined with gestational and early developmental patterns which can impact upon health in later life. A knowledge of the Eight Extraordinary Vessels unlocks methods of treatment that can go deeper into the energetic body than solely working at the meridian level.
In particular, working with these Vessels allows the practitioner to work with psychological and emotional issues and trauma.
- Historical development of the Vessels
- Gestational development
- Functions and trajectories
- Principles of master, coupled and coalescent points
- Point selection principles
- Identifying the 8 EV pulses
- Vessels of the First Ancestry: Chong, Ren and Du
- Wei Vessels: using the resources of First Ancestry over time
- Qiao Vessels: perspective, stance and moving through the world
- Dai Mai: integration, emotional overflow
- Physical, psycho-emotional and spiritual aspects of the Vessels
- Lots of time for practice
Lifeflow Meditation Centre,
|April 30 & May 1, 2022||9 am – 5 pm||$450*|
|September 3,4, 2022||9 am – 5 pm||$450*|
*Earlybird discount price $405 if paid in full 6 weeks in advance. Repeating course: $225/$205 Earlybird.